Brenda Ntambirweki is a Senior Associate at ASAR and has been with the firm since January 2014. Brenda currently practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, private equity, restructuring and insolvency and banking and finance. Brenda holds a Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B) awarded by Makerere University Kampala, Uganda in 2006. She also holds a Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL) awarded by the University of Oxford, United Kingdom in 2008. Brenda was admitted to the Ugandan bar in 2008 and is a member of the Uganda Law Society and the East African Law Society. Brenda’s practice language is English.
2015 / 2016 Highlights
Banking and Finance
- Advised on the sale of 5 A 330 airbus aircraft that was leased to Kuwait Airways Corporation.
- Acted for a lender in a USD 52 million facility to subsidiaries of a Kuwaiti shipping company which also acted a guarantor.
- Advised on a USD 250 million loan by a bank to a U.A.E subsidiary of our client to discharge obligations under a previous facility.
- Advised on a USD 18.5 million murabaha facility from Arab Banking Corporation B.S.C to a Kuwaiti financial investment company.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Currently advising on the purchase of a 67% stake in a Kuwaiti listed entity.
- Advised on the acquisition purchase of certain assets and transfer of employees in a sale of business transaction by Accenture from Schlumberger Business Consulting.
- Advised on the acquisition of a 30% stake in a company and a direct participation in certain of its affiliated entities in GCC and non GCC jurisdictions.
Restructuring and Insolvency
- Currently advising Kuwait Pipe Industries and Oil Services Company with the restructuring of its debts amounting to approximately USD 405 million
- Advised the lenders on the restructuring of an investment company’s debts amounting to approximately USD 55 million through a debt to asset swap.