ASAR has a leading reputation in the energy sector, particularly for oil and gas transactions and projects.
We provide a full range of legal services including:
- advising on power plant projects,
- advising on renewable energy projects e.g. solar power projects,
- and advising on a full range of upstream and downstream oil and gas sector matters.
Our clients include state oil companies, oil and gas companies, utility and power companies, global service providers, offshore contractors, insurers, traders, funders and developers and operators of refineries and distribution facilities.
- Acted as Kuwait local counsel (in connection with project finance) for the Kuwaiti sponsors in a Vietnamese oil refinery and petrochemical plant project. The total transaction value was approximately USD 9 billion.
- Advised the Privatization Department of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC) contracted Gulf Investment Corporation and ASAR to carry out a study on the effects of Kuwait’s Privatization Law on Law on KPC’s privatization program.
- Advised the World Bank on assisting Kuwait Petroleum Corporation in establishing a Partnership Monitoring Unit (PMU) to manage existing and future contractual commitments and to protect KPC’s interest as a shareholder in the privatized companies that are to be subject to Kuwait’s Privatization Law.
- Advised Kuwait Petroleum International on the restructuring of its petrol stations.
- Advised on the fourth oil refinery in Kuwait.
- Advised the Oil and Petroleum Company on a joint venture.