Ramy is a Partner at ASAR and has been with the firm since April 2008. His current practice focuses on commercial and tax litigation, arbitration, agencies and distributorships, trademarks, corporate law and commercial transactions. Ramy was admitted to the Egyptian Bar Association in August 2002. He received his law degree from the English Law School at Cairo University, Egypt in 2002. Prior to joining ASAR, Ramy served as in-house counsel to a group of companies based in the UAE. Ramy’s practice languages are English and Arabic.
2015 / 2016 Highlights
- Currently representing a multinational company in a KD 500 million tax dispute in Kuwait for a petrochemical complex.
- Currently representing a regional foodstuff company in a fire insurance claim for approximately KD 26 million.
- Currently representing a foreign principal and its newly appointed agent in a USD 50 million compensation claim arising from the termination of the current distributor.
- Currently representing a retail company in a multi-million dinar challenge on the applicability of the law of commerce provisions on tax disputes.
- Represented a European company specialized in supplying military equipment in a multi-million dinar tax dispute with Kuwait’s Ministry of Finance.