Mahmood Al Oraibi
Mahmood Al Oraibi is an Associate at ASAR-Bahrain and has been with the firm since August 2014. At ASAR, Mahmood practices litigation matters (both civil and criminal) as well as undertaking corporate/commercial work. He holds a Bachelors of Law degree awarded by Applied Science University, Bahrain in 2008. He also holds an International Diploma in Compliance awarded by the University of Manchester, United Kingdom in 2010. Mahmood was admitted to the Bahraini bar in 2010 and is licensed to attend all matters before the Bahraini Court of Appeal as well as being a member of the Bahraini Law Society. Prior to joining ASAR, Mahmood worked at a leading Bahraini law firm and specialized in litigation matters. Mahmood’s practice languages are English and Arabic.
2015 / 2016 Highlights
- Currently representing local and international construction companies in disputes related to government projects such as infrastructure, public utilities, government buildings and hotel buildings.
- Currently assisting USD 600 million Sukuk Company in filing for liquidation.
- Currently representing an international construction company in an arbitration dispute of USD 13.3 million.
- Currently representing a multinational company in a dispute of USD 4.2 million against an international insurance company.
- Currently representing a saving company in an arbitration dispute of USD 2 million.
- Currently representing construction companies in enforcement of arbitration awards in Bahrain.
- Currently representing numerous insurance companies in compensation claims.
- Currently representing numerous local and international companies in criminal cases relating to work safety and hazard incidences.
- Currently representing local and international banks and financial entities in disputes related to financial and mortgage transactions.
- Advising International shipping companies in maritime compensation claims.
- Advising and representing International companies in commercial agency and distribution litigation.
- Currently representing international companies in intellectual property disputes.
- Currently representing international and local companies in labour disputes.
- Currently representing a local company in criminal commercial disputes.