Hisham Al Qura’an
Hisham is a Partner at ASAR and has been with the firm since August 1999. Hisham practices in the areas of commercial litigation and arbitration and has represented local and international clients in complex litigation matters involving banking and finance, investment, Islamic financing, intellectual property, maritime and construction matters, agencies and distributorships. Hisham holds a Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B) awarded by the Applied Science University in Jordon in 1999. He also holds a Master of Laws Degree (Commercial and International Law), (LL.M) awarded by the University of Buckingham, England in 2011. Hisham’s practice languages are English and Arabic.
2015 / 2016 Highlights
- Representing a client in a USD 50 million claim by a Kuwait individual investor against an international bank (our client) related to the cost of derivative transactions.
- Presently representing Sukuk holders in a USD 25.5 million claim against the debtor which, inter-alia, involves the following collecting outstanding amount; sale of pledged shares enforcement of assignment of rights given by the debtor; suing the debtor’s board of directors for fraudulent acts; and filing summary actions requesting the appointment of a receiver.
- Advising a syndicate of international banks in respect to a banking and finance fraud matter in the sum of USD 1.5 billion.
- Representing a state-owned company in a litigation matter concerning an attachment of assets matter in the sum of USD 13.5 billion.
- Representing the subcontractor in a USD20 million claim against the MPW and main contractor.
- Representing international franchisor in a trademark infringement dispute in Kuwait.