Ezekiel Tuma is a partner at ASAR and has been with the firm since March 2008. Ezekiel practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate law, banking and finance, project finance, restructuring and insolvency, oil and gas. Ezekiel holds a Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B) awarded by Makerere University Kampala, Uganda in 1997. He also holds a Master of Laws Degree (Commercial), (LL.M) awarded by the University of Cambridge, United Kingdom in 2000. Ezekiel was admitted to the Ugandan bar in 1999 and is a member of the Uganda Law Society, the East African Law Society and the International Bar Association. Ezekiel’s practice languages are English, French and Swahili.
2015 / 2016 Highlights
Banking and Finance
- Advised on the sale of 5 A 330 airbus aircraft that were leased to Kuwait Airways Corporation.
- Acted for a lender in a USD 52 million facility to subsidiaries of a Kuwaiti shipping company which also acted a guarantor.
- Advised on a USD 250 million loan by a bank to a U.A.E subsidiary of our client to discharge obligations under a previous facility.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Currently advising on the purchase of a 67% stake in a Kuwaiti listed entity.
- Advised on the acquisition purchase of certain assets and transfer of employees in a sale of business transaction by Accenture from Schlumberger Business Consulting.
- Advised on the acquisition of a 30% stake in a company and a direct participation in certain of its affiliated entities in GCC and non GCC jurisdictions.
Restructuring and Insolvency
- Currently advising Kuwait Pipe Industries and Oil Services Company, with the restructuring of its debts amounting to approximately USD 405 million
- Advising creditors on a debt restructuring of USD 230 million owed by a company under Financial Stability Law protection