Ahmed is the Managing Partner at ASAR and has been with the firm since 1993. Ahmed practices in the areas of commercial litigation and local and international arbitration. He also advises clients on tax, insurance, construction, oil & gas, maritime, banking and restructuring matters. Ahmed is recognized by international legal publications, such as Legal 500 and Chambers, as being a leading lawyer in Kuwait. Ahmed is a regular guest speaker at conferences, seminars and on Kuwaiti TV. Ahmed holds a Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B) awarded (with honors) by Cairo University, Egypt in 1981. He also holds a Master of Laws Degree (International Law and Business Transactions) (LL.M) awarded by New York University, USA in 1984. Ahmed was admitted to the Egyptian bar in 1981 and to the New York bar in 1990. Ahmed’s practice languages are English and Arabic.
2015 / 2016 Highlights
- Representing a multinational company in a KD 500 million tax dispute in Kuwait in relation to a petrochemical complex. Various issues are considered in the subject litigation including corporate tax, capital gains tax and applicability of double tax treaties.
- Presently representing a regional foodstuff company in a fire insurance claim for approximately KD million.
- Representing a foreign principal and its newly appointed agent in a USD 50 million compensation claim arising from the termination of the current distributor.
- Representing a retail company in a multi-million dinar challenge on the applicability of the law of commerce provisions on tax disputes.
- Representing a multinational franchise brand in Kuwait in a trademark infringement dispute in Kuwait.
- Representing a client in a multi-million dinar dispute relating to a power plant awarded as a BOT project.
- Represented a European company specialized in supplying military equipment in a multi-million dinar tax dispute with Kuwait’s Ministry of Finance.