ASAR regularly advises private equity houses, investment companies, investors, banks, and management teams on highly complex primary and secondary buyouts.
ASAR regularly advises private equity houses, investment companies, investors, banks, and management teams on highly complex primary and secondary buyouts. Our clients benefit from our team’s wide experience in corporate acquisitions, as well as our wide range of sector specific expertise, in particular in energy, financial services, retail and manufacturing.
Our team has advised on considerable regional and international transactions including some undertaken in particularly difficult jurisdictions.
- ASAR is currently acting as legal counsel to a private equity fund in the acquisition of 100% of the shares of an established industrial company.
- ASAR acted for Automak Automotive KSCC, the leading independent vehicle leasing and Rental Company in Kuwait for the subscription and acquisition of its shares by Investcorp Fund, a global provider and manager of alternative investment products. ASAR advised on all transaction documents including shareholder agreements.
- ASAR acted as lead counsel to KES Power Limited (“KES Power”) and its shareholders, Saudi Arabia’s Al Jomaih Group and Kuwait’s National Industries Group Holding in a multi-jurisdictional transaction for the subscription by Dubai’s Abraaj Capital for equity in KES Power leading to Abraaj Capital holding 50% of KES Power. KES Power owns approximately 72% of Pakistan’s Karachi Electric Supply Company Limited (“KESC”).
- ASAR acted for a Kuwaiti media and entertainment company for reorganizing its business, whereby its core business was transferred to a Cayman Islands incorporated entity. Simultaneously with the re-organization, ASAR also advised the company with regard to the subscription for shares of the reorganized entity by a private equity investor.
- Jassim Transport & Stevedoring Company WLL (“JTC”)
- ASAR acted as transaction counsel in the sale of a controlling stake in JTC by Al Masar United Company WLL (a member of the Boodai Group of Companies) to the Private Equity Funds Group (“Global Private Equity Funds Group”) of Global Investment House (“Global”). JTC is one of Kuwait’s oldest and most prominent businesses and is one of Kuwait’s largest integrated logistics companies.