Leading the legal industry in Kuwait and Bahrain
With our lawyers covering both the jurisdictions of Kuwait and Bahrain, ASAR is committed in providing high quality legal services to our clients.
ASAR – Al Ruwayeh & Partners is Kuwait’s leading tier one corporate law firm, and one of the most prominent firms operating across the GCC. ASAR has been operating in Kuwait since 1977, and in the Kingdom of Bahrain since 2006, and is recognized for professional legal services of the highest order.
As one of the region’s premier law firms to many foreign and domestic multinational companies, we advise many of the biggest and most ambitious organizations across all major industries and we are consistently considered as the number one law firm of choice.
With our team of lawyers and spanning two emerging, and highly competitive markets in the GCC, our expertise extends over a wide range of areas that cover local and foreign multinational corporations, banks and investment companies, industrial conglomerates, governments and state authorities, and private clients.
ASAR is committed to excellence and to providing the highest quality of legal services to our clients. With our lawyers covering both the jurisdictions of Kuwait and Bahrain, we have the ability to assist our clients with their most challenging matters – no matter where they arise or what they entail.
Our lawyers’ seamless teamwork, exceptional capabilities and innovative thinking enable us to deliver outstanding representation and results.
Our successes are grounded in the fact that, in an ever-changing world, our culture, values, and commitments to pro bono, diversity and community service never waver.
- ASAR is the largest full service corporate and commercial law firm in Kuwait and one of the largest in the Middle East, with strong connections throughout the Gulf region.
- With our more than 30-strong team of professional lawyers based in 2 locations, we are able to respond quickly and timely to clients’ urgent needs and can allocate adequate resources to attend to assignments and projects.
- With our lawyers covering both the jurisdictions of Kuwait and Bahrain, we are able to draw on their extensive regional experience and knowledge of the relevant laws, regulations and practices.
- ASAR has been involved in some of the most innovative and complex projects and transactions in Kuwait and is best placed to provide valuable insight into Kuwaiti and Bahraini considerations – both legal and practical.
- ASAR is consistently rated as a leading corporate and commercial law firm by reputable legal guides such as the International Financial Law Review (“IFLR”), the Chambers Global Guide, the Legal 500 and the Practical Law Company.
A select list of our accolades includes the following:
- IFLR National Law Firm of the Year Award 2009 to 2015.
- IFLR “Project Finance Deal of the Year Award” 2015.
- 2014 Commercial Litigation Law Firm of the Year award from Acquisition International Magazine.
- 2014 Best Banking and Finance Legal Team –Kuwait award from Acquisition International Magazine.
- IFLR Restructuring Deal of the Year 2013.
- Selected Amongst the World’s Best Islamic Finance Law Practitioners by Euromoney Expert Guides in 2013.
- Exclusively ranked by Chambers & Partners as Kuwait’s only tier 1 law firm for business law in 2013.
- Won the prestigious “Best Equity Deal of the Year Award in the Middle East for 2012” at the 2012 International Financial Law Review Awards.
- Won the Construction Law Firm of the Year 2011 Award from UK’s leading finance magazine-Finance Monthly.
- Awarded the Best Restructuring Middle East Deal of the Year award for 2010 by International Financial Law Review.
- Won the Best M&A Deal of the Year 2009 award for its assistance in connection with the acquisition of the money exchange operations of Bahrain Financing Company B.S.C.(c).
- Awarded the ‘Best Deal of the Year’ awards for Kuwait and Bahrain by Islamic Finance News in 2008.
- Leading and recommended Tier 1 law firm in Kuwait in the areas of banking, capital markets, and corporate and commercial law by International Financial Law Review in 2000.